Corporate Purchasing Manager
Remote, FL Packaging Full Time
Beneva Group has recently been engaged by a growing entrepreneurial global manufacturer of packaging materials and systems for industrial and consumer use to identify a Corporate Purchasing Manager. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Sourcing, this position will be responsible for managing strategic activities to assure that materials are sourced with suppliers that meet quality and performance standards at a competitive price. The Purchasing Manager will source major high-dollar and/or critical commodities for manufacturing operations. He/she will negotiate price and supply terms for selected major commodities as well as develop existing or new suppliers for future requirements. Travel is estimated at 20% including International.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing or supply chain with a manufacturer
- Experience in sourcing raw materials, components, subassemblies and/or packaging for internal production.
- Experience finding, qualifying, assessing, and auditing suppliers including international.
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to interact with all levels of colleagues and suppliers
- Ability to achieve goals and drive results
Location: This position is virtual but a location in the Eastern or Central time zone is preferred.